Hi, nice to meet you! Learning a bit more about someone you are interested in working with is always useful, so here are a few facts about me:
- I'm Clémentine (most people call me Clem), the translator behind Clémentine Terrell Translation. I have been a professional translator since 2014.
- I grew up between the Burgundy and Champagne regions of France, with the river Seine at the end of my garden.
- I have a degree in English Language, Literature, Civilisation and Translation Studies from the Université de Bourgogne in Dijon.
- I am a member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIOL) with Chartered Linguist status, and an Associate of the Institute of Translation & Interpreting (ITI). I am also a Certified Pro on ProZ.com, the world's largest professional network for translators.
- As a native French living in the UK, French is my mother tongue and English is my habitual language of use. I spend my life constantly switching between both languages, but only translate professionally from English into French.
- I spent 3.5 years learning the ins and outs of Amazon whilst working as a translator/online content & advertising specialist on the Amazon team of a retail distributor, before setting up Clémentine Terrell Translation.
- I have translated marketing content ranging from headphones, fashion accessories and facial brushes to furniture feet, phone cases and teabags, to name just a few! Check out my portfolio for more details.
- I am also a fully qualified teacher with a PGCE in Modern Foreign Languages from the University of Birmingham, and worked as a French teacher in a secondary school for 8 years before becoming a professional translator in 2014.
- I came to the UK in 2004 to work as an au pair in Blackpool, lived in Birmingham for a few years and am now settled in Christchurch, Dorset. I also lived near Bristol and Norwich for a little while!
- I have 2 primary-aged daughters who are being raised in a bilingual and bicultural English/French household.
- I am obsessed with organising: give me a chaotic room to declutter or a messy spreadsheet to sort out and I'm the happiest girl on earth!
If you would like to know more about my professional qualifications and experience, feel free to get in touch for a chat, request my CV,
or check out my LinkedIn profile