Portfolio example: ProCook
I translated over 800,000 words into French for ProCook, a British cookware & kitchenware brand, during a 10-month project.
This included translating product descriptions for over 40 different product lines (cookware, cutlery, glassware...), as well as descriptions for the brand's Google Shopping feed.
- Translation, localisation & transcreation from English into French
- Translating titles, bullet points, HTML product specifications, product descriptions and search filters
- Researching technical terms (for knives, cookware...)
- Creating a glossary containing over 900 technical terms
- Working with a CAT tool (Trados Studio) to ensure consistency over various product ranges, making sure the glossary was applied at all times
- Investigating and resolving inconsistencies within the source text
- Putting in place a robust proofreading and QA/QC process
- Liaising with the brand's French Marketplace Executive for queries and project management
- Delivering regular project batches in Excel files